2018 TERMS & CONDITIONS
• All new students will receive a free trial week of classes.
• DANCE STREAM VICTORIA staff will determine the appropriate classes for students based on age and dance ability.
• There will be a non refundable membership (per student) prior to the commencement of classes each year. All membership packages in 2018 include your AZAGI subscription. We will offer other value packed enrolment packages from time to time.
• Class sizes are strictly limited. If a class is full, additional students will be placed on a waiting list until a position becomes available or an extra class is added to the existing timetable.
• DANCE STREAM VICTORIA reserves the right to change teachers or timetabling when necessary at any time throughout the year.
• DANCE STREAM VICTORIA must be notified in advance by phone or email if a student is going to be absent from class.
• Students are expected to attend their classes weekly and to arrive 5 minutes prior to the commencement of their lessons.
• Students enrolled in competition troupe classes may be taken out of routines if attendance is deemed unsatisfactory by DANCE STREAM VICTORIA staff. Fees will not be refunded.
• Students who miss 2 or more classes in Term 4 may be removed from part of or all of a showcase item.
• Unless you have opted for a direct debit payment option, all fees are payable by the term and must be paid by in full prior to the start of each term.
• New students will receive their first week of classes free as a trial. The free trial week will be deducted from your invoice.
• Students will not be permitted to take part in classes if fees have not been paid as per DSV overdue Invoice Procedure.
• Late fees will be issued as per the DSV Overdue Invoice Procedure.
• Fees are non-refundable for change of mind or missed classes.
• Fees may be paid by direct debit, Eftpos, cash or bank deposit. Sorry, we do not accept Cheques.
• Fee charges and discount packages are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of DANCE STREAM VICTORIA.
• Debt collectors will be engaged to recover unpaid fees if payment is still not received after following the Overdue Invoice Procedure. Costs of recovery to be paid by debtor.
• All rejected direct debit payments will incur a fee from ezidebit and also a $5 admin fee from DANCE STREAM VICTORIA. This additional fee from Dance Stream Victoria is required to re-allocate the missed payment.
• Choreography, costuming and studio policies remain the intellectual property of DANCE STREAM VICTORIA and may not be reproduced or sold by any students, parents or staff without permission of the principal/s.
• Only private lesson students are permitted to enter solo competitions and it must be with the permission of DANCE STREAM VICTORIA.
• A $32 hire fee will be charged per costume for students participating in the concert. (1 routine = 1 costume hire charge)
• Costumes must be hand washed after use and returned, in good condition, to DANCE STREAM VICTORIA after any given performance. If a costume is lost or damaged, the cost associated with replacing it will be passed on to the hirer.
• Students participating in competition troupes or other performances (apart from the concert) will be charged additional costume hire fees.
• Uniform is compulsory for students attending classes at DANCE STREAM VICTORIA.
• Correct uniform must be worn to all classes.
• In the event that a student does not wear correct uniform to class, they may be asked to sit and observe the lesson.
• DANCE STREAM VICTORIA will not be held responsible for children outside the studio premises. (This includes in the car park, or anywhere outside the building.)
• Parents are expected to park their vehicle and then walk their child into the Dance Stream Victoria studio. Parents are also expected to pick up their children from inside the building and walk them out to their vehicle.
• Smoking is not permitted on the premises. This includes within 10m of the building.
• No classes (including private lessons) or teachers are to be disturbed unless it is an emergency. Parents are not to approach teachers or students during class and if messages or food/drink/medication needs to be passed on to a student, it must be done through DANCE STREAM VICTORIA reception. All parents must wait in the waiting areas or outside of the studios until classes have been dismissed.
• DANCE STREAM VICTORIA takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property on the studio premises and we encourage our families to avoid bringing valuable items into the studio where possible.
• All enquiries/complaints shall be forwarded to email@example.com
• Parents and students are not permitted to contact DANCE STREAM VICTORIA teachers via phone, in person, or via email / social networking.
• Personal meetings with the studio director can happily be arranged via reception.
• DANCE STREAM VICTORIA will post updates on its website and social media pages.
• Updates and newsletters will be sent via email.
• It is the sole responsibility of parents and/or students to keep up to date with important information relating to DANCE STREAM VICTORIA.
• Parents/students must not video or take photos of DANCE STREAM VICTORIA classes.
• Video footage relating to DANCE STREAM VICTORIA (i.e. classwork/showcases/eisteddfods) must not be posted online without permission from the Director.
• DANCE STREAM VICTORIA may use videos or photographs of students to promote itself through its website, social media pages, flyers and any other business advertising. It is the responsibility of the parent to alert DANCE STREAM VICTORIA is you wish for no photos of your child to be used for advertising purposes.
• Information is stored securely in paper or electronic form and is accessible only by authorised personnel.
• When you purchase or hire a product or service with DANCE STREAM VICTORIA the information we may collect from you includes your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, medical information and perhaps credit card or bank details. It may also include details of the products and services we provide to you as well as the status of your enrolment. We only collect information directly from our students or their parent/guardians primarily for the purpose of providing services and products to you and to administer and manage invoicing and debt collection.
• We may occasionally use your information to promote and market to you information which we consider may be of interest to you unless you contact us and tell us not to do so.
• We will never sell or pass on any of your information to third parties unless required by government authorities or in the event of debt recovery. Any information passed on will be done so with appropriate privacy and confidentiality protection.
• The student hereby represents that he/she is physically fit to receive and participate in dance lessons and performances.
• It is the parent/student’s responsibility to inform DANCE STREAM VICTORIA of any prior injuries or illnesses.
• In the event of an injury, DANCE STREAM VICTORIA may administer first aid. If an ambulance is called or other medical services are deemed necessary, the parent/student will incur the costs in full.
• With the safety of our families a number one priority, DANCE STREAM VICTORIA is very serious about upholding Child Protection laws and policies within the studio as well as at public performances and in the online arena (website and social media).
• All staff and teachers have undergone Working with Children Checks allowing them to work with children.
• The directors and staff at DANCE STREAM VICTORIA are educated in the negative impact of inappropriate music and costume selection when it comes to performing dance routines and are wholeheartedly committed to ensuring children in all our dance routines are not subjected to any inappropriate songs or costuming.
• Students, parents, guardians and families are expected to respect one another and to show courtesy and politeness to staff of DANCE STREAM VICTORIA and fellow parents and students at all times.
• Students and parents are representatives of DANCE STREAM VICTORIA and are therefore expected to behave in a positive manner at concerts, eisteddfods, competitions and other public events.
• All students and parents are expected to discuss any issue they may have with DSV in private. Gossip and venting will not be tolerated as this directly damages DSV’s reputation.
• Artistic decisions made by staff of DANCE STREAM VICTORIA are not to be questioned by parents or students. This includes questioning spacings of students in routines, choreography, costume choices, etc.
• In the rare case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to any parent, staff member or student, a meeting will be called immediately and dismissal may be considered at the discretion of the director. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the studio.