I, the parent/guardian of the 'swimmer' (as referenced above) consent to: *
1. The child participating in any event promoted by the Ormiston College Swim Academy, including any tour or camp.
2. The Ormiston College Swim Academy staff/parent supervisors obtaining medical attention for the child at their discretion or in the event of an illness or an accident, and agree to pay any medical, pharmaceutical and ambulance/helicopter etc. transport expenses.
3. The child to be driven in a car or bus hired, chartered or driven by Ormiston College Swim Academy staff or parent supervisors.
4. The Ormiston College Swim Academy staff/parent supervisors to give the child paracetamol or ibuprofen if he/she requires it for minor pain relief.
RELEASE AND WAIVER
I, either in my own right and/or as a person with lawful authority of the child referred to in this registration form, confirm that: *
I acknowledge that the Ormiston College Swim Academy is operated by The Swim Academy Pty Ltd under a contract with Ormiston College Ltd. The Swim Academy Pty Ltd is not related to Ormiston College Ltd in any way.
I consent to Ormiston College Swim Academy staff or supervisors taking photographs of me and/or the child for use in Ormiston College Swim Academy marketing material. I am aware that Ormiston College Swim Academy staff members are not medically trained, but do have first aid training, and give consent to The Swim Academy staff to seek medical treatment for me and/or the child from a medical practitioner, hospital or ambulance service. In consideration of, and as a condition of Ormiston College Swim Academy permitting me and/or the child to use the Ormiston College Swimming Pool and the equipment contained within it (“Facilities”) or to participate in any Tour, Camp or other activity prompted by The Swim Academy (“Activity”), I hereby acknowledge that:
1. There are significant risks associated with the use of the Facilities or participation in any Activity.
2. Those risks include, but are not limited to, personal injury arising from use and misuse of the equipment, equipment failure and the acts, omissions or negligence of other Facilities users or Activity participants.
3. At all times whilst I and/or the child are using the Facilities or participating any Activity I will assume sole responsibility for all risks associated with property and person.
4. I will not hold The Swim Academy or its owners liable for any personal injury or loss or damage to my and/or the child’s property whatsoever, including caused by the negligence of Ormiston College Swim Academy owners, their employees or agents. I also undertake not to sue Ormiston College Swim Academy owners or their employees or agents for any loss or damages relating to personal injury or loss or damage to property arising from the use of the Facilities or participation in any Activity.